LABORATORY FOR BOVINE ENZOOTIC LEUCOSIS RESEARCH
Head of the laboratory:
Stanislav K. Gorbatenko, PhD
Tel.: (057) 707-20-37
Research and development areas:
- Development and implementation of monitoring methods, directed to cattle leucosis: ELISA, AGID, DNA-RNA detection tests, based on SSU (Ukrainian national standardization system) and ISO/IES 17025:2006.
- Efficiency analysis and correction of leucosis prevention within Ukrainian livestock farms;
- Development of advanced diagnostic methods, based on in-depth study of biological features;
- Usage of AGID, ELISA and hematologic tests in order to study infection development and further improvement of leucosis eradication;
- Leucosis treatment optimization, strategy of cattle sanitation via step-by-step generations replacement.
Reference expertise: bovine leucosis (Bovine enzootic leucosis), epizootology, virology.