LABORATORY OF VIROLOGY
Korneykov Oleksandr Mykolayovych, PhD (Veterinary Medicine)
phone: (057) 707-20-35
Areas of research:
- Study of biological properties and epizootology of the viruses causing pneumo-enteritides in cattle (IBR, BVD, Bovine Parainfluenza–3, BRSV, bovine rotoviruses & coronaviruses)
- Evaluation of efficacy for domestically and internationally developed prophylactic products for the most common viral infections in cattle
- Development and implementation of contemporary treatments and vaccines for viral diseases affecting respiratory, alimentary tracts an reproductive system in cattle
- Modern laboratory diagnostics, treatment and specific prophylaxis of viral and associated bacterial infections in cattle
- Study of risks for transboundary and emerging livestock disease spread (bluetongue, Schmallenberg disease, lumpy skin disease) with the aid of epizootological analysis and Geographic Information Systems
- Vectors of arboviruses, their biology and geographic distribution
Areas of expertise: epizootology, serological and virological diagnostics of viral infections in cattle (IBR, BVD, Bovine Parainfluenza–3, BRSV, bovine rotoviruses & coronaviruses, bluetongue).
The laboratory staff is 9 people, including a Dr. habilitatus in veterinary medicine, 3 PhDs (Vet. Med), 3 junior researchers, one DVM and a senior technician.
The Laboratory of Virology offers a full range of modern diagnostic tests according to demands of Ukrainian State standard ISO/IEC (ISO/IEC 17025:2005) and is able to support the livestock industry with complex solutions and systems of veterinary-sanitary measures and consultancy regarding viral infections of cattle.
We are certified (according to demands of USS ISO/IEC 17025:2006 (ISO/IEC 17025:2005)) to perform following diagnostic procedures:
1. Testing of biological samples (clinical and gross) from cattle for
- antigens of infectious bovine rhinotracheitis virus, bovine viral diarrhea in the immunofluorescent assay (IFA)
- detection of bovine coronavirus in the hemagglutination inhibition assay (HAI)
- detection of bovine rotovirus antigens in the diffuse precipitation test.
2. Test bovine of serum for:
- Detection of specific antibodies against BVDV, BPI-3, BoHV-1, BRSV, BTV in the enzyme immunoassay (EIA)
- Detection of specific antibodies against BVDV & BoHV-1 in the neutralization assay
- Detection of specific antibodies against BPI-3, roto- and coronaviruses in the hemagglutination inhibition assay (HAI)
- Detection of specific antibodies against bovine rotovirus in the diffuse precipitation test
|№||Analysis||Cost (UAH/1 sample)|
|1||Serological diagnostic of bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR) in ELISA||100,00||2||Serological diagnostic of bovine viral diarrhea (BVD) in ELISA||100,00||3||Serological diagnostic of bovine parainfluenza-3 (BPI-3) in ELISA||100,00||4||Serological diagnostic of bluetongue disease of cattle and small ruminants in ELISA||120,00||5||Testing of samples for bovine rotovirus in the hemagglutination inhibition assay (HA/HAI)||50,00||6||Testing of samples for bovine coronavirus in the hemagglutination inhibition assay (HA/HAI)||50,00||7||Testing of samples for BPI-3 in the hemagglutination inhibition assay (HA/HAI)||50,00||8||Testing of samples (including semen) for bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR) in the immunofluorescent assay (IF)||75,00||9||Testing of samples for bovine viral diarrhea (BVD) in the immunofluorescent assay (IF)||75,00||10||Testing of samples for bovine respiratory-syncytial infection in the immunofluorescent assay (IF)||75,00||11||Testing of samples for BPI-3 in the immunofluorescent assay (IF)||75,00||12||Bacteriological tests including pathogenicity and antibiotic susceptibility assays||600,00|
As the field activities work our laboratory offers scientific consulting regarding specific prophylactic measures against viral diseases of cattle (including vaccination efficacy assays) for livestock holdings of different forms of ownership. Several in-house developed vaccines are available for these purposes:
- Inactivated vaccine against infectious rhinotracheitis, parainfluenza-3 and viral diarrhea of cattle “RIPAVAC-3”
- Inactivated vaccine against infectious rhinotracheitis, parainfluenza-3, viral diarrhea and pastereullosis in cattle
- Inactivated vaccine against roto- & coronaviral infections of cattle
- Inactivated vaccine against roto- & coronaviral infections and escherichiosis in cattle