DEPARTMENT FOR TUBERCULOSIS AND BRUCELLOSIS STUDY
Head of the department:
Zavgorodnii Andrii Ivanovych, DVM, PhD, Professor, Сorresponding member of NAAS
Tel.: (057) 707-20-39, (057) 707-20-40
LABORATORY OF TUBERCULOSIS STUDY
Head of the laboratory:
Bilushko Victor Valeryevich, DVM, PhD, Senior Researcher,
Tel.: (057) 707-20-39
- study of features of epizootic and infectious processes, tuberculosis surveillance in animals and poultry, studies of paratuberculosis;
- study of taxonomy, genetic variability, phylogenetic, eco-geographical and evolutionary characteristics of Mycobacteria;
- identification of mycobacterial species, selection of proteinogenic strains for mycobacterial allergens production;
- study of biological properties of L-forms of mycobacteria;
- development and improvement of systems for diagnosis, prevention and elimination of tuberculosis in animals and poultry, and paratuberculosis;
- improvement and development of methods for identification of mycobacterial cultures;
- development of nutrient media and methods for cultivation of mycobacteria;
- development of methods for differentiation specific allergic reactions from parallergic and pseudoallergic reactions on tuberculin;
- implementation in practice the prevention system and rehabilitation of livestock from tuberculosis in Ukraine.
The laboratory is accredited in accordance to the requirements of the DSTU ISO/IEC 17025:2006 regarding to determination of presence and species belonging of mycobacterial cultures; detection of causative agent of paratuberculosis; detection of antibodies to causative agent of paratuberculosis; conducting a simultaneous allergic test in diagnosis of tuberculosis in cattle; determination of bactericidal action of disinfectants by direct contact with M. fortuitum and M. bovis using test-objects and carrying out a bioassay.
Reference expertise: bovine tuberculosis, tuberculosis in swine, avian tuberculosis, paratuberculosis (epizootology, diagnosis, prevention).
There is the Scientific and Production Center for the prevention and control of tuberculosis on basis of the laboratory.
- the epizootic situation evaluation regarding bovine tuberculosis on the farm;
- finding out the causes of non-specific reactions to tuberculin
- determination of mycobacterial species that persist or circulate on Ukrainian farms among the livestock population;
- advisory services on the planning for prevention and rehabilitation measures on farms against tuberculosis infection;
- manufacture of disinfectants for various types of disinfection;
- determination of bactericidal properties of disinfectants against causative agent of tuberculosis;
- complex diagnostics of tuberculosis of animals and poultry, and paratuberculosis;
- production of nutrient media for the cultivation of mycobacteria.
THE GREATEST INNOVATIVE DEVELOPMENTS, IMPLEMENTED IN THE PRACTICE OF VETERINARY MEDICINE:
- Tuberculin purified (PPD) for mammals
- Tuberculin purified (PPD) for poultry
- Allergen dried purified from atypical mycobacteria (AAM)
- Dried nutrient medium for the cultivation of mycobacteria
- Disinfectant «DZPT–2»
- Reorganization of the unit in accordance to the requirements of the EU and the OIE into the National Reference Laboratory of Tuberculosis Study;
- Development of systems for diagnostics, prevention and control of paratuberculosis in Ukraine.
|№||The name of the study||Amount of samples||The price, UAH|
|1||Allergic studies of cattle on bovine tuberculosis (TB) using tuberculin skintest||100 heads||5800|
|2||Allergic studies of cattle on bovine tuberculosis (TB) using simultaneous tuberculin skintest||100 heads||8000|
|3||Cultural studies of biomaterials on tuberculosis||1 sample||1200|
|4||Biological test for TB on laboratory animals||1 sample||1200|
|5||Determination of species belongings of mycobacterial cultures||1 culture||1500|
|6||Determination of tuberculocidal properties of disinfectants||1 preparation||40000|
|7||Determination of the quality of disinfection while tuberculosis||1 sample||600|
|8||Study of biomaterial for the presence of L-forms of mycobacteria||1 sample||800|
|9||Study of the samples from environmental objects (soil, manure, food, water) for the presence of mycobacteria||1 sample||1300|
|10||Allergic studies of poultry on avian tuberculosis using skintest||100 heads||900|
|11||Serologic studies of poultry on avian tuberculosis (TB) using blood-dropping agglutination reaction||100 heads||3000|
|12||Allergic studies of swine on tuberculosis (TB)||100 heads||1500|
|13||Allergic studies of cattle on paratuberculosis||100 heads||1250|
|14||Bacteriological studies of biomaterial on paratuberculosis||1 sample||1500|
Contracting activities: Laboratory provides comprehensive services to agricultural enterprises with scientific and consultative assistance for the determination of the epizootic situation on tuberculosis in cattle. We are finding out the causes of non-specific reactions to tuberculin; determination of mycobacterial species that persist or circulate on Ukrainian farms among the livestock population. Laboratory provides the advisory services on the planning for prevention and rehabilitation measures on farms against tuberculosis infection. Laboratory supplies manufacture of disinfectants for various types of disinfection, complex diagnostics of tuberculosis of animals and poultry, and paratuberculosis; production of a nutrient media for the cultivation of Mycobacteria.
LABORATORY OF BRUCELLOSIS STUDYING (BRUCELLOSIS LABORATORY)
Head of the laboratory:
Vitaliy Bolotin, Mr., Ph.D., Senior Researcher
tel.: (057) 707-20-11
The Brucellosis Research Laboratory was founded in 1928. The main direction of the laboratory for the whole period of lab operation was brucellosis surveillance, development and implementation diagnostic methods, preventive measures and control of brucellosis of animals in Ukraine. There were developed and implemented the fight system of brucellosis with the active participation of laboratory staff. This work provided the improvement of livestock breeding and the creation sustained prosperity on this dangerous disease in Ukraine.
The staff of brusellosis laboratory developed the main the basic normative and methodological documents used by specialists of the State Committee for Procurement and Consumer Protection of Ukraine in the system of antiepizootic measures concerning brucellosis of animals are developed. There were developed and implementation in production a wide range of means for the diagnosis and prevention of brucellosis, infectious epididymitis of rams, as well as diseases from which it is necessary to differentiate brucellosis, namely - yersiniosis, campylobacteriosis and chlamydia of animals.
- study of the stability of biological properties of producting pathogens strains of infectious diseases, as well as epizootic and vaccine strains of Brucella, Campylobacter, Listeria, Chlamydia, Yersinia, stored in a collection of bacterial cultures;
- support of collecting microorganisms strains;
- epizootiological monitoring of livestock breeding in relation to brucellosis and chlamydia in farm and domestic animals, in particular infectious epididymitis of rams and enzootic abortion of sheep;
- Improvement of the system and means of diagnosis and control of brucellosis, infectious epididymitis of rams, chlamydia, listeriosis, campylobacteriosis of animals.
Areas of expertise: epizootological examination, bacteriological and serological studies (brucellosis, infectious epididymitis of rams, yersiniosis, campylobacteriosis, chlamydia, listeriosis).
Basic design of the brucellosis laboratory
- A kit of positive brucellosis and negative control sera for RBP, SAT, CFT (LCFT) (TU U 46.15.274);
- A kit of components for serological diagnosis of infectious epididymitis of rams in LCFT (TU U 46.15.059);
- Complement of guinea pig for CFT (TU U 24.4-00497087-672);
- Hemolytic blood serum of rabbit (TU U 24.4-00497087-671);
- National Standard NSC "IECVM" Anti-Brucella abortus serum;
- immuno-enzyme diagnostic test system "DIA-Brucella ab.-combi-V" (TU U24.4-24265186-699);
- immuno-enzyme diagnostic test system "DIA-Brucella ab.-V" (TU U 24.4-24265186-659);
- immuno-enzyme diagnostic test system "DIA-Brucella ab.-MILK" (TU U 24.4-24265186-674).
Specific prevention measures:
- Bovaccine is inactivated emulsified against chlamydial and brucella infections (TU U 24.4-00497087-023);
- The vaccine is inactivated emulsified against infectious epididymitis of rams (TU U 24.- 00497087-021).
The laboratory has permission to work with pathogens causing infectious diseases and is accredited according to DSTU ISO / IEC 17025: 2006 standards (areas of accreditation: serological diagnostics - identification of antibodies to brucellosis pathogens, infectious epididymitis of rams, chlamidiosis, campylobacteriosis and larynx in animals; bacteriological studies: isolating cultures of microorganisms and determining the sensitivity to antibiotics). Laboratory staff take part in the annual prostration of brucellosis and chlamydia of animals, organized by the reference laboratories of the International Epizootic Bureau.
|The name of the infection||Method of study||The price for one sample, UAH|
|Brucellosis||RBT||Mass studies – 20,00;
individual – 50,00
(Y. enterocolitica 03, 06.30, 09)
(C.f.ssp.fetus, C.f.ssp. venerealis)
|Bovine leucosis||ID, ELISA||50,00|
|Bacteriological studies of one sample||500,00|
|Antibioticogram of isolated pathogen||100,00|